Information about the threat of volcanic eruption in Bali
Indonesia has raised the alert level for the Mount Agung volcano. During this time, we urge customers to take care during their travels.
If you are currently travelling:
As an insurer that provides assistance services, it is always our priority to assist our customers where possible and within our ability to do so.
- Please consider your safety first and follow advice from local authorities.
- If you have been affected as a result of events in Bali and require medical or emergency medical assistance, please contact our Emergency Assistance team on 001 803 61 098 or speak to your local operator and ask to be put through reverse charge to +61 7 3305 7499.
- If you are looking to change your travel arrangements we recommend you contact your travel agent or travel provider regarding the best option in altering your trip. Some travel providers may provide penalty free options to amend travel arrangements, contact them directly for details. Please note that costs associated with amending your plans may be at your own cost.
- If you have any queries about your policy benefits please contact our Allianz Global Assistance Information Hotline on 1300 725 154.
- Please make yourself aware of the advice issued by DFAT via its website gov.au. DFAT is urging Australians to pay close attention to their personal security at all times. Always monitor the media and other sources about possible new security risks.
If you are about to travel:
- If you are about to travel to Bali, Indonesia and you have concerns about travelling, we recommend contacting your travel agent or travel provider to discuss your options. Contact our Allianz Global Assistance Information Hotline on 1300 725 154 if you would like to clarify your policy entitlements.
If you entered into a policy after 7am (AEDST) Tuesday 19 September, 2017:
Our policies do not cover claims for losses caused by something that you were aware of at the time of purchasing your policy. If you entered into a policy after 7am (AEDST) Tuesday 19 September we would expect that this was done with an awareness of the Mt Agung activity and the possibility of issues arising due to this activity. For these policies, claims that arise due to volcanic action associated with Mt Agung (for example, flight delays or cancellations) will not be covered events
Policy coverage and benefits vary based on individual circumstances and therefore we would like to take the opportunity to remind and encourage travellers who purchase travel insurance to always read their travel insurance Product Disclosure Statement, so that you know which risks you are covered for.
We will assess all claims in accordance with your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and your Certificate of Insurance.
- If you have any general queries, please contact our Allianz Global Assistance Information Hotline on 1300 725 154.
We will publish this and any updated travel insurance advisories on our website: www.allianzworldwidepartners.com.au