Crippling food poisoning

Hours after enjoying a delicious lunch, Li was violently ill. Food poisoning is commonly caused by bacteria in improperly stored or prepared food, and symptoms can be debilitating. Li had chicken salad for lunch and was enjoying his holiday in Canada, when the symptoms struck without warning. Li was rushed to hospital, where doctors put him on a saline drip to help combat dehydration and assist his recovery. Before Li was discharged, the hospital asked him to pay an upfront fee of $1,000. Later, when Li felt better, he contacted his travel insurer to recover the cost.